Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Connected....wired....all the time

Are we becoming an electronically connected Society all the time?
Rarely only people are seen without carrying a cellphone. Most of the people are hooked on to their computers or radio or ipod or music system or glued to TV.
Conversations, chit-chats, family talk, friendly chatter, sweet nothings etc are becoming extinct slowly.

Even if these things happen some electronic device will be active in the background.
Couples / friends would like to watch TV together, if they have different tastes, sure it will disrupt the harmony among them. One may like only funny / romantic movies and the partner likes only action. They cannot watch it together. But if they sit face to face and just sit....no words spoken, or just say some sweet nothings....well....will they be bored?

I feel incomplete most of the time. Music will be there all the time in the background...rarely only I listen to the birds chirping outside...The last time I saw a complete / clear sunrise was when I went outside early in March to take a snap for my post Sunrise in this blog.

I was in harmony with nature during my childhood. I had enjoyed the cool breeze, beautiful nature, greenery in Iloilo, Philippines.
Now I don't actually enjoy the nature around me.

I really miss my native place.


No comments: