Saturday, June 21, 2008

Managing emotions !

Today I have touched upon a hot topic!

I don't think I am an expert in managing my own emotions. Now I am thinking why should I then write about this topic first of all. I researched www.google.com, my favorite search engine, about the management of emotions and read some articles written by so many experts. Also I have in the back of my mind some tips read from many glossy magazines I have gone through in the past.

I have observed some people how they manage their emotions successfully. Some I noticed thoroughly mismanaged their emotions with disastrous results. My own experiences of successful and unsuccessful management of emotions also contributed to this post. So all my readers are welcome to add their opinions about this post as comments.

The topic is very important in the present day fast pace of life. There are lot external factors that might positively or negatively influence our emotions and what might play in a successful outcome for us is a big question which only the particular individual can answer. Some people are able to control their emotional reactions to these external events and stay in a balanced state. Some will succumb negatively and this become the result of own negative emotions. It's all in the mind ! Mind's play !
  • Relax, breathe deep in and out and re...lax...Just relax ! Don't think of the events that led into this agitated state. Just relax ! This will help in clearing the mind to see the reality crystal clear and formulating a solution to the problem bringing a sigh of relief !
  • See the reality clearly....accept it ! Very important ! with a mind impartial and with no prejudice just accept the reality.
  • Positive affirmations, inner talk and self talk of positive affirmations will help. Trust your instincts. Trust in your confidence. A firm belief in your own confidence will boost your power to solve the crises.
  • Don't allow unpleasant situation to spoil your day. By allowing so you are initiating a chain of unpleasant events. Break it.
  • Get professional / personal advice, who to approach is the question ! But there will be someone for sure ! Pray God always !
  • Take rest Rest....Avoid complicated and important job matters till your mood becomes better. Never drive your vehicle in an agitated state of mind ! OK....Never be moody....Enjoy life....SMILE !

1 comment:

cathy said...

I'm adding this site...nice write-ups...you're really on the content of your posts...i'm learning a lot...