Monday, June 9, 2008

Chinchilla - a pet !


Hello all......I started one more blog. I heard the very first time in my life about Chinchillas from Josie, my blogger friend !

http://www.thewillingwanderer.blogspot.com/2008/05/chinchilla.html

I don't have a picture of Chinchilla to post here but I hope Josie will send one to me of her pet so that I can post it here with due acknowledgments to her and her Chinchilla pet !!! hehehe

They are actually Rodents but looks like in between a squirrel and rabbit, wonderful ! I researched the google about these species and got some interesting facts...and I would like to share these with you all as well....

Kingdom - Animalia
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia
Order - Rodentia
Family - Chinchillidae
Genus - Chinchilla
Species - Chinchilla lanigera
and Chinchilla brevicaudata

Because of their fur these animals were on the verge of extinction and Mr Mathias F Chapman in 1918 is credited to bringing them from S America into the USA. There they became popular house pets.

They are active at night and it is not unusual that they become noisy during the early morning hours ..hehehehehe.. a perfect companion if you are working on night shift..... They are very inquisitive in nature and explore the environment actively. They are playful too.

True....pets make you happy !

Well....you can read more about these wonderful pets and their care by browsing these links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinchilla
http://www.cheekychinchillas.com
http://www.valleyviewchinchillas.com

Thank you so much Josie, as requested Josie sent me picture of her pet. As you can see I posted it already. Due acknowledgements to Josie and her pet, Thanks once again !

2 comments:

Josie said...

Hey! Only just saw your comment today! Awesome blog. Of course you can use any of my chinchilla pictures if you like! :-)

Thanks for posting the great info on these wonderful little animals.

Marvelous said...

I wonder if you could send some pictures of chinchilla in my e mail...riss33c@yahoo.com, I really appreciate your kindness.

Thank you and God bless.